The Turks and Caicos Islands Port Authority Ordinance 2007 established the Port Authority of the Turks and Caicos Islands for the management of maritime affairs, and for related matters.
Safe, secure ports supporting the sustainable development of the Turks and Caicos Islands
To provide the highest standards in security, safety, quality and service in seaport and port facilitates operations
KEY PROGRAMME STRATEGIES 2018/19
- Complete post-hurricanes rehabilitation of key port infrastructure and super-structure that were destroyed or damaged during the hurricanes by the end of August 2018
- Focus staff training and development to enable the Ports Authority to fully discharge its mandate, offer at least 6 training opportunities to staff during the 2018/19.
- Increase collaboration and develop synergies with and lessen duplication between the roles and responsibilities of the Ports Authority and the Maritime Department to enable the TCI to pass Triple-I Code Audit in 2020, starting in April and continuing throughout the year.
- Review and update Port Facility Security Plans to take cognizance of emerging international security threats and local development thrust by the end of December 2018.
- Revise the Ports Authority Strategic Plan to develop a complementary Business Prospectus and Marketing Plan for the medium term by February 2019.
- Engage with Ministry of Finance to development sustainable financing strategies for implementation of medium to long term major infrastructure projects by October 2018.